The Limitless Risen King
READ – romans 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
- What does it mean to be united with Him in death?
- What does it mean to be united with Him in His resurrection?
- Why would Paul say to be “untied with Christ” or “in Christ” 73 times in his books and letters?
- What does this say about my identity?
Because Jesus came out of the grave we can hope in Him have faith in Him and be united with Him! If He didn’t, we have nothing to place our hope and faith in. We’d have nothing to be united too and would change everything about who I am today!
In John 20:19-20, we Jesus bringing that hope and faith to his discouraged disciples! Look at what Jesus says and what He did after the resurrection when He meets with His disciples. See how these things apply to us now.
READ – John 20:19 – 20 On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
Focus on 3 things from these verses
- The doors were locked
- What is significant about the doors being locked and barred but Jesus was among them anyway?
- Could it mean that in our lives today HE IS LIMITLESS?
Jesus can go where no one else can go. The resurrection positioned Him to do that in our lives! He can go where no counselor can go. He can go where no doctor can go. He can go where no lover can go. He can reach you, and reach into you, anywhere and anytime
Pastor Tommy said our lives aren’t unfamiliar territory to Jesus. There’s not too many layers in our lives where He can’t figure us out.
- What does that mean?
- They’re afraid
- What is significant about Jesus standing among them and their fear?
- Why didn’t Jesus stand outside the door and wait for them to deal with their fear before He came and stood among them?
READ –David said in psalm 56:3 When I am afraid I will trust in you
David faced the fear of fighting off lions and bears to protect his sheep.
- How did facing his fears set him up for the future?
- What should we do with our fear?
God empowers us when we face our fear! We give Him nothing to empower when we run from it.
- How does the following statement make you feel?
Let’s stop playing it safe and live our lives in a way where we need God’s help or else!
- Jesus said 2 times peace be with you
- Why is peace important in our lives?
- Why did Jesus try to establish peace in their lives before power?
Pastor Tommy said you can’t work to get peace, you work from a place of peace.
- What does that mean?
The resurrection positioned Jesus to be limitless in our lives! Reaching us when no one else can. He is the only one who can calm our fear and bring peace to our lives!
After seeing Jesus was alive, the disciples we’re able to hope in Him and believe in Him. Jesus was convincing them more of His faithfulness which caused them to be confident in their God. We are at our best when we are confident in God! It removes fear and gives us peace because we know our Daddy is with us and is in control. – Pastor T